Sunday, October 17, 2010

Atlantic City: Grandma Likes to Gamble.

10.16.10

 Literally.
My family came to visit, and my grandma spent the afternoon at the slots while I showed my mom and uncle around the venue.  There's nothing like family, and mine is particularly fantastic.

Atlantic City?  Not so much.  It's really pretty during the day, right on the boardwalk.  But at night, I was told to stay out of the ground floor of the venue, as there were violent drunken homeless people congregating down there.

 One of my colleagues stepped outside to make a call after dark, and a man with blood on his face was sleeping in a planter.  (Don't worry though.  He was alive, just passed out drunk.)

Inside, I found a dead mouse on the arena floor, and one of the local crew picked it up by it's tail and yelled to me, "Hey girlie, sure you don't want this?"
Poor little mouse.

Next stop:  Newark.  But I won't write about that,  so we'll jump to Toronto...

No comments:

Post a Comment